Click here to proceed to the JWA website
How do I delete evidence that I've been on this site HIDE THIS SITE QUICKLY


Our refuge provides women who need it with somewhere safe to stay when it is no longer safe for them to continue to live in their current home.  A stay in the refuge will give them time and space to think about their options. If you think you might need refuge accommodation please call 020 8445 8060.

Practical and emotional support

Refuge staff are there to give women practical support such as: registering with a new doctor; securing new school places for children; applying for benefits; contacting solicitors and obtaining legal advice; dealing with immigration issues and looking at available rehousing options. Key workers help you to draw up a support plan dependent on your individual needs, which are reviewed regularly.

The staff are also available to provide emotional support. They understand the enormity of what you have been through and will try to help you to make sense of what has happened. Their role is not to judge or blame, but to accept and support and to help you to reflect and consider all your options.

Jewish observance

Kashrut, Shabbat and festivals are strictly observed within the refuge, enabling women from across our diverse community to access this service and to feel reassured that traditional Jewish values and practices are maintained.

Strict confidentiality

The refuge staff are professionals specifically trained in working with women affected by domestic violence. They understand the issues in Jewish communities. Any information they are given is strictly confidential and issues and people in the refuge are not discussed outside. You can be secure that information about you and your situation will not be passed on to anyone without your knowledge.


Referrals to our refuge may be made directly by any woman in need or through a professional agency.

If you are in need of refuge accommodation, please contact the the JWA Head Office on: 020 8445 8060or, out of hours please call the JWA Helpline on freephone 0808 801 0500.